Claiming unclaimed money

Unclaimed money relates to funds from a bankruptcy or debt agreement that the trustee has been unable to locate the person/entity who the funds are entitled to.

If you believe that you are entitled to money from a bankruptcy or debt agreement you can apply to claim that money back

From 27th June 2019 applications for unclaimed monies under s254 of the Bankruptcy Act can be made directly to Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) replacing the current Court application process.

If you have applied to the Court for an order under s254 before the commencement date you must continue with that application process.

We will only accept new applications from 27th June 2019.

Visit AFSAsandpit to view the draft ORPS10 Refunds of unclaimed moneys under section 254 of the Bankruptcy Act.