When applying for any job with us please complete the following information:
- A completed position application form
- Resume outlining your career history, qualifications and including contact details for at least two recent referees
- Covering letter, no longer than two pages, that considers the key responsibilities and essential capabilities of the position and states the following:
- Why you are interested in the position
- How your skills and experience make you the best person for the position
- What value you can add to AFSA and the area in which you are applying
- State the position title and location in the subject line and email: recruitment [at] afsa.gov.au
Your application will be assessed against the key responsibilities and essential capabilities outlined in the selection document. Read the selection document and provide your responses accordingly.
Submitting your application
Applications should be submitted, via email, by the closing date specified in the selection document. Generally, late applications are not accepted, however if there are exceptional circumstances contact the nominated officer to discuss.
- make contact with nominated contact officer to find out more about the position
- find out more about what AFSA does through our website
- use specific language, e.g. 'I formatted and edited the newsletter' instead of 'we produced a newsletter'
- put your name, position reference number and page number on each page
- have someone else read your responses, checking for clarity of expression, spelling and grammar.
More information and tips to help you apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service is available on APSC-Cracking the Code.
AFSA may engage or utilise external parties to assist in AFSA recruitment processes. As part of these processes your application may be disclosed to these parties. External parties engaged by AFSA are required to comply with the same privacy obligations as they apply to AFSA employees.